2. Before today’s lesson cut out and hide all the skeleton body parts somewhere around the class i.e. head, body, 2 legs, 2 arms, 2 feet, 2 hands.
3. During the class tell the kids that Mr Cook has been up to his sneaky tricks again and he has stolen all the skeleton body parts and hidden them around the classroom! (Pretend that Mr Skeleton is in your desk draw and is talking to you, but is embarrassed to come out because he has no body parts! 🙂 )
4. Ask the kids if they want to help Mr Skeleton get his body back. Hopefully they’ll say yes!
5. Ask them what body parts he had (they should be able to remember these from the song.)
6. Pick one body part and ask the kids where they think that body part might be in the classroom.
7. The kids put their hands up if they want to guess, you choose one kid and he/she tells you where they think it might be e.g. in the cupboard, under the door, behind the TV, on the bookcase, etc.
Ninja Tip: For beginner classes, have them say where they think it is in their language. Then translate it into English as a class, everyone says it together and then the child who guessed goes and looks to see if they can find it there!
For regular classes, have them say it in English from the beginning, everyone repeats it out loud then they go and look.
For super tough classes, have them guess where it might be but only let them go and look if their English is flawless! 🙂
8. If the body part is there, have them bring it to the front, put it on the board and gradually build up Mr Skeleton’s body! If not, no worries, repeat from step 6!
9. Repeat from step 5 till he’s fully back to normal!
Obviously make sure your class is up for stories and scavenger hunts, and really ham up your part.
For classes that get into it it can be a great way to combine two different sets of English, some great imagination and detective work plus actually getting up and looking around the classroom can be lots of fun!
P.S. This is also one of those crazy games that goes down a storm in adult classes, make sure you hide the pieces in more out of the way places and they’ll have a blast!
P.P.S. Needless to say I am swamped with upgrade requests from yesterday! If you have the CDs, look here. But if you have the download pack, look here. When you email me it would also help if you could let me know which CDs you have already, it helps me to check with so many requests coming in!