Daniel just sent in this tip to go with the Where are you from? lesson.
To tie this topic in with holidays and to review the vocabulary, I …
1. Place flashcards with the countries’ names/flags around the room.
2. The students stand together and ask me “Where are you going on holiday, Mr. Wolf?”
3. Mr. Wolf (me!) chooses and replies,
4. And the children must run off to different countries to me to avoid being caught.
5. When a child is caught, they become “Mr. Wolf” (beware, they get good at this really quickly, you need to be quick :-P) Also works well with landmarks, places around town etc.
That’s a pretty cool idea I reckon! What do you think?
P.S. There’s also the Dream Holiday song in the advanced Genki English set!