“What did you do?” is one of the most popular questions teachers ask students after the holidays.
And “What did you do at school today?” is also one of the most popular questions kids’ hear from parents!
So what better to way to start the week than with the “Baby Dinosaur, what did you do?” lesson.
You can find the mp3, flashcards, picture book etc. over on the main page and then pop back here to try the “Hungry Dinosaurs” game!
Minimum 4 students up to over 100, and of course you can change it to be for any English you like!
1. Print out enough minicards for one card per student.
2. Cut out one piece of double sided tape for each student.
3. Give each student a mini card and a piece of double sided tape.
4. They tape the minicard onto their shirt.
5. Whilst mingling around, everyone sings the chorus of the song “Hey Baby Dinosaur, what did you do?”
6. When they’ve finished the chorus you say “sorry?”
7. They ask you the question again in a big voice! You say “sorry?” again and get them to say it even louder!
(This gets even the shiest kids joining in!)
8. Then you say one answer from the song.
9. The students who have this answer on their shirts rush and tag as many of the other students as they can!
9. Whilst they are doing this all the other students try to rush & sit back down in their seats. Once they are sat down, they are safe, but if they are tagged, they are eaten!
10. Repeat from step 5.
Now… what verbs should we include for the “What did you so at school today?” remix? Remember, less is always more so please do add your suggestions into the comments!