A nice game for you today, it’s lots of fun!
Pop the Pumpkin Pics
1. Put several Halloween themed picture cards on the board, roughly in the shape of a pumpkin.
2. On top of each card fasten an orange balloon!
(If you use more cards you can make it look even more like a pumpkin!)
3. Play a quick guessing game (e.g. ask the kids an English question you’ve been learning in class) and the quickest person to answer comes to the front and pops one balloon! Β You can give them a pin to do this with, or for older kids you could give them a dart. (Disclaimer: Β Only do this with kids you know well. Β I accept noΒ responsibilityΒ etc. etc.!)
4. Β If/when they pop a balloon, if they can make a sentence using the card below (e.g. look, there’s a ….. or I want to be a …..) they get a point for their team – and maybe a candy if it’s a Halloween party! π
5. Β Team with the most points at the end is the winner!
You can also puts some bonusΒ candiesΒ inside one or two balloons if you like, or even better add in glitter to a bonus balloon – watch it explode everywhere when popped!
You can decide if you want to cheat and have parts of the cards below able to be seen, or if you want to cover them all up!
This takes a bit of prep, but is a really fun Halloween game!
What do you think? Β Would love to hear your thoughts https://genkienglish.net/teaching/poppumpkinpics
Wohooo! This is greatοΌ
I’ve been surfing the net back and forth and found quite some good games but nothing really new.
This one is completely different from all the other ones I found.
Are there by chance more ideas?
Γβm going to have my Halloween event with 35kids age 5-11 and am very happy about any ideas.
Another one coming day after tomorrow! π
Best one so far!!! I will definitely use it at my Halloween Party!
Very good game, I’ll try it. Thank you.
Hi Margaret, I got a great Halloween game for you. It’s not language learning game. But it sure helps to boost motivation.
Get about 100 or so balloons. I guess since it’s Halloween, the optimal colors would be orange and black. Divide the class of two teams. Then using short string,type the balloon to the child’s ankle. Each team run around trying to pop the other teams balloon. If you have 100 balloons and 30 students I guess you could play three rounds. I’ve been doing this for 10 years and that has been the best game I have used yet.
Depending on the language level of the kids, the teacher could ask ‘riddle questions’ about each vocabulary word. For example, “I have two eyes…” “I have a tall pointy hat.” “I can fly.” “I have a long green nose…” “Who am I?” If the student answers it correctly they can pop any balloon of their choice. Extra bonus if they pop the balloon with the vocabulary card they just answered!
Richard Thank you for your great ideas.
I am having Halloween party on 20th.
I am going to use your idea! It is fun and also
kids can learn from the fun game so nice!
Cincyesl’s comment is also so nice to learn something.
I would like to use your idea, too.
David’s balloon activity is also seems so fun!
This is 2nd Halloween party for me and I was nerves
whether I can make nice party but gradually I am
looking forward to having the party!
It is owing youβ Thank you so much!
Ahhh….I’m excited to try some of these games. I just need to do these lessons in the few times I have before Halloween…I guess I can do a few after Halloween, too!