It looks like we all need to get back to (or at least prepare to get back to, just in case!) teaching online again. Don’t worry, with just a little preparation it can be just as fun, and sometimes even more so, than regular offline lessons!
Genki English VIP Members (i.e. amazing teachers who have the Genki English Teacher’s Set) , have a full video training course covering everything you need, when you need it, to get you through this with flying colours!
- 💡 Module 1: First steps/tech/lighting/conquering fear etc.
- ✨ Module 2: How to use Zoom and amazing magic effects!
- 🎯 Module 3: Games + latest updates
- 🐷 Module 4: Why should I join your lessons? ( + Peppa Pig)
- 🙋🏼♀️ Module 5: How to get *new* students online
- 🤦♀️ Module 6: Two of the biggest mistakes to avoid
- 🏆 Module 7: Some inspiration from teachers who have done it (in video)
- 📱 Module 8: Plan “C” and Tik Tok Success
- 📝 Module 9: How to create and sell your own online courses
These are all in the “Guides” section of the VIP Facebook Group, grab a coffee and enjoy 🙂
If you’re not a VIP Genki English Member yet, get your Teacher’s Set order in today and you’ll be watching the videos & learning from the best teachers in the world just as soon as we get you in the group!
Here are a few “Bonus” tips to get you started online:
- Continuity is king. Keep everything the same as much as you can. Same time, same price, same students, same content. The only thing that changes is the lack of a commute & the location from classroom to your own warm, comfortable front room.
- Remember the magic phrase for current students: “Don’t worry, I won’t charge you any more for the online lessons”
- Use the Genki English community: exchange videos with other schools, join each others’ classes as guest teachers, join your whole zoom classes together to play and practice, The VIP Facebook Group is the place to shout out to other amazing Genki teachers.
- The Flipped Classroom works even better with online lessons. Students learn at home then practice with you in the zoom classes.
- Just about all the Genki English curriculum games work great online too. Bring in toys, teddies and friends as game partners to make it even more fun! If in doubt, ask the kids how to modify the rules for online. They come up with some crazy ideas! (Do share the best ones with us!)
- Your market is now the whole country, so yes that means more competition, but it also means you can choose exactly the students you want. Parents are desperate for great teachers like yourself and will pay handsomely for it!
- A positive Genki Attitude and lots of fun with the Genki songs and games will be a life saver for desperate parents this year!
- Remember you are AWESOME! You’re scared but you’re doing this anyway. And we’re all here to support you!! 🙂
Good luck, enjoy the video training above and enjoy!