This page in Japanese
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
Author: Roger Parker
Here is a simple warm up numbers game to start a lesson (esp younger grades)
You need 2 soft dices (now available at daiso 100yen shop) and 2 to 12 large numbers flash cards and point cards (as I have large numbers but points can be done on the board if smaller numbers)
After reviewing numbers 1 to 12 with the kids,
1. Simply place large 2 to 12 flash cards of the floor around the room.
2. Get the kids to stand by a number.
3. Throw the dice (later get the kids to do this) and
4. Ask whatfs the number?
5. Give the kids on the right number a point card (or equivalent).
6. Shout Change! And continue again from 2
For real low level kids I use just 1 to 6 cards with 1 dice.
I have modified version it for slightly higher groups, its basically the same but .....
1. Start simple with one dice (1 to 6) so they get the hang of it & assign one point for the right number
2 Then introduce the numbers 7 to 12 and using 2 dice assign 2 points for the right number and 1 point for a number that is 1 higher or 1 lower eg if the 2 dice show 10 then the people on 10 get 2 points and the people on 9 and 11 get 1 point (elicit the numbers)
This is a good chance to teach higher/bigger and lower/smaller, is more fun and gets them to think a bit about numbers
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!