This page in Japanese
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
author: Josh Katz
target_English: Body Parts
This is a game to go with the Doctor, Doctor Song and the Make a Face song.
1. Teach the new English using the song.
2. Put the kids in pairs or groups and give each some toilet paper.
3. The kids Rock, Paper, Scissors.
4. The winner ( the doctor!) asks the loser "Are you OK?". The loser then tells the doctor to fix a body part e.g. "Doctor, Doctor, my ....hurts"
5. The doctor bandages this body part.
6. The fun part is you leave the bandage on! Then continue with another partner from step 3.
7. Continue until one person is a complete mummy.
They complain, but laughingly, so I'm sure this is a great break from reading the textbook!
Even if it's not Halloween, the kids love this song & game!
More notes: if they say "my eye hurts" or "my arm/leg/foot etc hurts," teach them to use left and right. You can make the conversation longer, like "My arm hurts!" "Which one?" "This one [holding left arm up]." or "My left arm." You can also have a "where?" or "Where does it hurt?" and the student can point and say "here." It gives advanced students a chance to practice a more conversational conversation, instead of an exchange of one sentence each.
by Josh Katz
Here are some photos from Margit's Halloween Party!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!