This Page in Japanese
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
Author: Anthony Chapman (Tonester)
level: Junior High
target_English: Body parts, "I think....."
big_small: Big groups
This game is great in Upper Elementary and especially all levels of Junior High.
1. Pick 5 or so students from the class and get them to stand out the front.
2. Say the phrase "Heads down, thumbs up" and get the other students to close their eyes, put their heads down on their desks and their thumbs sticking up.
3. Get the 5 students to pick a person with their head down and touch that person's thumb.
4. When those 5 students are finished and are back standing in their places say the words "Heads up, stand up" and get those students whose thumbs were touched to stand up.
5. Each student who was touched must guess who touched them by saying "I think XXXXX touched me"
6. If that student is right, the student who touched that person must swap places with the person they touched.
7. If that student is wrong he/she simply sits down.
8. Restart from step 2
This game worked well in my 1st grade JHS class and many laughs were had as a result. It would be good for most levels in elementary schools but beware of those students who choose to hit rather than touch people or speak while looking for a person to touch.
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!