Target Language: Anything, it's a counting game!
This is another great game sent in by Mido:
1. Draw a wavy line across the board, this is the ocean.
2. Draw some simple shark fins on the water
3. Draw (or use a picture card) of a character for each team in the air above the water.
4. Draw 6 balloons holding up each character, number them 1 to 6
5. Put the kids in two teams.
6. Ask the kids a question (whatever you are reviewing or learning today)
7. Whoever gets the answer the quickest gets to roll a die.
8. You then erase the balloon that has this number from the opposition's side!
9. If all the balloons are gone, they get eaten by the shark!
It only takes a couple of minutes to draw up the board, but it works great with longer questions, projects or presentations. You could even make it last the whole class if the other activities you have planned are quite long!
Mido also sent in his Quick Draw game (with a video from Margit!): http://genkienglish.net/teaching/quick-light
And the Oh my hair! Game: http://genkienglish.net/teaching/oh-my-hair
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!