Page in Japanese
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
Author: Katherine Lott
Target_English: Adaptable to most structures
big_small: Small Groups
1. Divide the class into about 4 teams
2. Clear all the tables and chairs; alternatively go somewhere spacious.
3. The teams stand in lines at the back of the room. You stand at the front holding the flashcards for the target vocabulary - about 20 cards works well, so you might need to photocopy some of the cards beforehand.
4. You shout a trigger, e.g. 'strawberries' or 'what do you like?'
5. The front member of each team races up to you and yells (e.g.) I LIKE STRAWBERRIES!!
6. You give the card to the child who says it correctly and fastest. Pretending not to hear the first time is always fun...
7. Keep going till all the cards are used up.
8. Ask each team how many cards they got, and keep a note of the points on the board to encourage competition in the next round
9. Repeat until everyone is exhausted
They can't get enough of this game. Warning: you can seriously damage your hearing as they scream the answers in your ear!!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!