Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
target_English: general questions/answer
This game is like a team of barbarians battling their way through the Roman columns. At least that's the way I envisioned it. A little like soldiers and ninjas game but without going to the back of the queue.
1. Give each child 9 (number varies depending on no. of students) playing cards.
(Each card represents the number of lives the person has)
2. Make 2 lines facing each other.
3. Unlike the lines quiz where the teacher asks questions, the first child in each line meets.
4. They do any kind of question/answer/conversation review.
5. They then do rock paper scissors. The looser gives one of his cards to the winner.
6. Both students then move to the next person in the opposing team's line and repeat the process.
8. When a student has no lives left he sits down as he is dead.
If a student manages to get through the entire opposing line with lives remaining he/she is a winner, but must wait until all his/her team mates have either lived through the battle or been killed off. Then count how many lives the team has to find out which team won the battle if not the war.
If you have 20 students, 10 per line then give each child 5 lives.
If you have 30 students, 15 per line maybe 9 lives
10 students, 5 per line maybe 2 lives.
1) Instead of just 2 lines facing each other try several smaller lines facing each other.
30 kids 15 per side, 3 lines of 5 per team.
2) No child can hold more than the maximum number of lives he began with. So if he has 9 lives to begin with and wins the next battle the loser's card has to be discarded (given to the teacher or placed on a nearby desk where it cannot be used again)
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!