This Page in Japanese
Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
Author: Craig Dwyer
Target_English: I'm Going to.......
big_small: Big groups
This can be used to teach `places around town` or `weekend plans`.... works well with grade 5 and 6, my kids love it!
- Make 2-4 teams, and make 2-4 lines
- In the gym, spread out cards all along the four walls.
- Have pieces of paper with the names of each card in a hat. ( or try the mini cards)
- The first person on each team selects a card out of the hat, then turns to the person next to them and does the conversation.
- "Where are you going?" "I'm going to the......"
- Teacher says go and the students race to the card.
- the first student there sits down by the card, and the other does it again.
- Repeat until one team has everybody sitting down.
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!