Here is a great idea sent in by a Genki English viewer. Try it out and
let us know what you think!
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page! Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Or if you'd like to know when this page is updated, have a look at the RSS Updates page!
Author: Craig Dwyer
Target English: Countries, Landmarks, Where are you going? Lets go to _____. etc.
This game is based on a popular video game and TV show in the 90`s. The game follows a secret agent around while she gathers clues from all over the world.
However this time, someone (a student in the class) has stolen Craig's Motorcycle, and the students must find clues to figure out who did it.
- Interview a dozen or so students, asking them questions about their personal lives.... Age, family, Pets, Height, Shoe size, etc. Use this information as your hints.
- Make country cards (or landmark or any kind of place) and post them all over the gym with numbers. These will be the stations.
- Make some dice with only 1-3 on them.
- Make a map with the gym layout on it, so the kids know where every country is.
- Make some hint envelopes and put one envelope at every station.
- I know this is a lot of work!!! But once you do it once it's made forever.....;)
- each team gets a map and a dice
- Groups start at random stations. 4 or five groups is best.
- Teacher says `dice` and the kids roll their dice.
- Then they get a second to decide where they are going to go.
- Teacher asks them, where are you going? and they respond as a group, we're going to____ or lets go to____ ' or whatever you decide the target English to be.
- They then go the next station and look at the clue there.
- Repeat this until one group is ready to guess. When they are ready to guess they put the persons name in an envelope and give it to the teacher.
If they are right, they win. However, if they are wrong, they are out of the game!
- Continue until all teams have submitted one guess.
- Play again.
If you have a great idea please share it with everyone by submitting it to this page!
Or check out the main Genki English Games Page
Sign up to get my top tips, games & hints via email!