In my Headspace today it said I had to make more time for joy and fun, so I put down the editing of my “How to get an extra $500 teaching English” ebook (so everyone can get their Teacher’s Set money back ASAP) and went back to one of the most fun Genki English games there has been! All nicely updated for you ( even though it took all day thanks to Apple & Google !)
Here are the pdf printables for VIP members: the first version is for animals
And the second is for countries ( updated to this year)
How to play?
Ninja Tip: Try these bonus flashcards to help here!
Then you can play the game!
1. Deal the cards out between the players. Between 2 and 4 players is best. Simply print out one set for each group in the class i.e. around 8 sets for a class of 30.
2. Rock, paper, scissors to see who goes first.
3. The first player (A) chooses a category and says that category plus the statistic mentioned on the card. e.g. “Height 2.1 m”
4. The other players shout out their number for that characteristic.
5. The person with the biggest number wins, takes the cards from the other players and along with their own, puts them at the bottom of their pile. They then choose a new card and the next value to call.
6. When one person loses all their cards, they are out!
7. If anyone speaks the local language their opponent can take their top card!
That’s it, very simple but fiendishly addictive!! I used to play this game as a kid and loved it! It takes a bit of time, but once you get the kids going they’ll be playing it in their lunch breaks, especially the boys!
Or you can use them like this!