After the Easter and Golden Week holidays let’s start off with a really simple lesson of the week to ease our way into things:
Judging by the comments from teachers this has proved to be really popular. My niece also really loves it!
You can also use it to teach ….
Simple Present Tense Game
1. Put the cards in two piles.
2. The kids pick one pronoun and one verb card.
3. They say the sentence, deciding if they need to add the “s” or not.
Simple, fun and very effective!
You can also add in the Superhero cards to make it more fun!
Over genki kids!
Plus of course the best part of this lesson is how you can use the “Stop!” part of the song to calm down even the most hyperactive of over-sugar eaters.
1. First do the song as usual with the 5 second countdown.
2. Then do more exercises and “Stop!” followed by a 10 second countdown (the kids have to freeze whilst you count!)
3. Then more exercise and a veeerrrryyyyyy slow countdown from 20. This will calm the heart rate of just about any over active kids and let you get on with the lesson!
It’s a great tool to have in your repetoire!
Be sure to check out the videos on the lesson plan page them pop back here to give your thoughts!
P.S. The winner of last month’s comment competition was Emmanuelle! If you’d like to be like Emmanuelle and get the chance to win a Genki English CD of your choice, just keep commenting on the blog, each day’s comment is a new entry!