Here’s a great game sent in by Libu in Reunion.
1. Before class hide today’s flashcards around the classroom.
3. Say “Sorry?” a few times to make sure all the kids – not just the regular genki ones – are shouting the question really loud.
4. After a dramatic ……….. pause …………. say one of the answers.
5. The kids have to rush around the room finding this flashcard!
6. One point to the person who finds the card and can say the English for it.
7. Keep going till all the cards are gone.
Simple, crazy and fun. What do you think? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!
P.S. You can also do this with yes/no themes e.g. Do you like? with vegetables or Put on your … with Winter Clothes In this case you choose one student who asks you one question or sentence. If you answer “no” it’s on to the next student, if you say “yes” then everyone has to rush and find that card!
P.P.S. If you need an extra discipline touch, get the kids to sit down on the floor when the question is being asked. They can only stand up once you give an answer. Adding in pauses …. with smiles …. really lets you keep control of the class. Of course if you’re into all out craziness then no worries, just let them stand up the whole time!