Here’s a very festive game from Patty!
1. Students arrange chairs in a circle.
2. Tell students that Santa is going to visit all of their homes to deliver presents.
3. One person goes out in the hall.
4. Sing a Christmas Song (such as “We Wish you a Merry Christmas” or any Genki English Christmas Song) while students pass a small picture of Santa around the circle (Santa is visiting their house/delivering presents).
5. When the song ends the person with Santa hides it in their hands. Everyone else pretends like they have Santa as well.
6. The person from the hall comes back in the room to guess who has Santa. He/She says “Do you have Santa?”
7. Students answer “yes, no”
8. They have 3 guesses. If the person doesn’t get it then the person with Santa says “Here!”
9. Repeat from step 3.
*When explaining the game it works well to have everyone in the room.
*Change where you start passing the Santa each time.
*This activity works well for any size group. With large groups you could pass around 2 Santas and have 2 people go in the hall.
A very simple game, and maybe great for Christmas parties. What do you think?
P.S. The correct URL for Monday’s Grammar / Advanced GE songs is here! Sorry about that!
P.P.S. The winner of last month’s comment competition was …. Lines! Congratulations & please let me know which CD you’d like! This month’s competition is on now!
P.P.S. New Gingerbread man updates, “running” card & “Make your own Gingerbread Man” worksheet!