As a great Genki English teacher you certainly deserve the freedom to teach whatever and however you like, financial freedom, and the freedom of not having a boss!
And the way to do that is of course to aim to set up your own school.
(You know you want to see your name in lights! 🙂 )
So today I’ve collected a few of the “top tips” that I recommend or used when I started my first “school” back when I was 16, I hope they help!
The first step is if you have no money, then ….
- Start your own School Tip 0: Where to get initial funds & investment?
- Start your own School Tip 1: Where to hold class?
- Start your own School Tip 2: Be unavailable!
- Start your own School Tip 3: How to price your lessons
- Start your own School Tip 4: Demo Lesson Endings
- Start your own School Tip 5: Stress Buster Bank Transfers
- Start your own School Tip 6: Get a contract!
- Start your own School Tip 7: How to get more students then you’ll ever need
- Start your own School Tip 8: Best small class size
- Start your own School Tip 9: Don’t make a website!
- Start your own School Tip 10: Block out your holidays first
- Start Your Own School Tip 11: How To Teach English To Adults
- Start Your Own School Tip 12: Getting Permission To Photograph Students & Why Parents Refuse
- Start Your Own School Tip 13: Teaching Babies and 2&3 year olds
- Start Your Own School Tip 14: How to name your school (check out the gold in the comments!)
- Start Your Own School Tip 15: How to get free advertising
- Start Your Own school Tip 16: Should I hire a teacher for my school?
- Start Your Own School Tip 17: How to hire *great* teachers
- Start Your Own School Tip 18: Who is your avatar? + How to crush the competition!
- How to advertise your school & get your first students?
- How to sell your lessons & get more students
- You’re not charging enough
- The No.1 Reason to Start your own school
- How to (nearly) double your amount of classes
- Is It OK For Parents To Watch The Class?
- Demo Lesson Ideas Learnt From My First Helicopter Pilot Lesson
- But I’m not a native speaker!
I’m also doing several separate “Genki Business” workshops this month so I might also have a few more things I can write up if you like.
And of course do let me know if you’d like more of these types of tips and hints.
If you like these tips you’re going to LOVE my new
online Genki Business Course
Although I now have millions of students around the world, I’m just like everyone else and started with just 1 student and built things up from there.
Want to know how I did it?
In this new course I share with you *everything* I’ve learnt about starting a school, growing a school and making the business and lifestyle you want.
Check it out below or have a look at www.GenkiBusiness.com