Here’s Mido Farid’s game of the week, this is another cool one for younger kids at kindergarten, practicing “Who’s your favourite” or for older kids at a party or event!
1. Have students stand in a circle.
2. Go around the circle and have everyone say their name (tell students to try remember the names.)
3. In the center of the circle stand a broom up balancing it with your index finger.
4. Make sure the students in the circle are all an arm’s length away from the broom.
5. Say a student’s name and let go of the broom handle. Lift your finger straight up
without pushing the broom one way or another!
6. The broom will begin falling in a random direction and the student named must try to catch the broom before it falls!
7. If the student catches it in time they hold the broom and repeat from step 5!
For older groups you can use this as a practice for “Who…” for example the kids shout out “Who’s your favourite singer?” or “Who’s your favourite movie star?” and you shout out the name of one of the students!
Any other uses you can think for the game?