Today is a great game inspired by Craig & the Secret Warm Ups. It works great with all ages from primary to adults!
1. Bring two kids to the front. One is the questioner, one is the answerer.
2. Get them all ready and hyped up.
3. Start the stopwatch!
4. In 60 seconds the questioner asks the answerer as many English questions as possible. (This is where the Secret Warm Ups work comes in handy!)
5. They get one point for every question the answerer correctly answers!
6. See how many they got in the 60 seconds!
You can either do this as a big game where everyone gets a go as part of the regular lesson plan.
Or you can do just one pair each lesson and see who gets the biggest score at the end of the year!
Ninja Tip: This works great because the genki kids go first, but the shy kids go later when you’ve done more lessons so they have a better chance of getting more points! 🙂
Ninja Tip 2: After a while you might need to start banning certain questions e.g. if they always say “Do you like apples?” “Do you like bananas” Or keep them in if you want to see how far they can go! 🙂
Do give it a try and let us know what you think in the comments!
P.S. Another Ninja Trick from Trevor: Put the new software menu on the board when you are doing any of the Warm Ups or Lines Game. That way it’s really easy to see which questions you have or haven’t done yet!
P.P.S. Oops, I pressed the wrong button and published too early! Apologies for making two posts in one day!