Luu just wrote in to ask..
Do you have any great ideas for teaching “I will …” or “I won’t ….”?
My favourite way to do this is to …
1. Teach the Superhero lesson.
2. Introduce “I will …” with the superhero verbs
3. Give the kids a situation that needs a superhero (e.g. a fire, a cat stuck up a tree, their favourite pop star has missed their plane, an emergency on the space station etc.)
4. Tell them they are the superhero and get them to decide what they will and won’t do to save the day!
5. They can either present what they’ll do to the class (you can give each group a different emergency) or even get them to write a comic strip about it!
P.S. One of the great things about this lesson is that by getting shy kids to pretend they are superheros, it gives them an “excuse” to speak loud, clear, confident English, just like the Fake it till you make it post the other day!