Dacha has just sent in this fantastic idea to with the Superhero Vegetables lesson.
1. First of all teach the Superhero and then Superhero Vegetables songs.
2. Now get the kids to come up with super powers for the veggies that don’t already have them.
Ninja Tip: You could also add in the fruits here!
3. The kids then decide what super powers they’d like to have. Time travel? High Jumpin’? See in the dark? They choose!
4. Now the kids make up real smoothies using these vegetables!!
5. Get them to also make up the recipe to take home, show their parents, eat every day and let’s see which powers come true!
Pretty cool, eh!
And you know what, along with meditation, having a (particularly green) smoothie every morning is something you see in just about all highly successful people.
Give it a try, you never know what will happen! 🙂
P.S. Ninja Tip: Of course you use ice in these smoothies along with the veggies, no ice cream allowed around here! 🙂
This is a brilliant project idea~unfortunately I’m not into smoothies at all. I just LOVE the bite of vegetables and fruits!
Let me see what the kids think~
I like the very idea of making up a simple salad recipe. Even if it is a virtual variant I think it’s worth excercising their minds and speaking abilites.I definetely am going to use this opportunity.
The kids loved it! I’ve just stumbled across another idea on Pinterest: taste testing. The kids get to taste, say vegetables- and then “grade” them on a card. It can be as simple as “I like”- “I don’t like” or much more elaborate with adjectifs: “hot”, “cold”, “sweet”…
I’m thinking of doing this for St Patrick’s day next week with GREEN FOODS ONLY of course ( Granny Smith’s apples, grapes, kiwi, broccoli maybe some green candy ;)). I’ll make a video (probably) or pictures (for sure)!
I’m also preparing a video with my 11 year olds on shopping for and then making some…green cookies (St Patrick’s again!)! They would love to be able to participate in a video exchange!I’ve just posted a message over on the Forum if anyone would like to join!
Oh wow! Really great and fun idea! I’ll definitely try this one! Thank you Dacha and Richard!!!