Quite a few teachers have written asking for help with the Eigo Note’s “Where do you want to go?” lesson.
As you’ve probably guessed, it is really tough as the language hasn’t been thought out well and there is no pattern to learn.
But yesterday Yukari came up with a very good idea to go with the country flags part of the lesson.
1. Put the kids in groups.
2. Prepare an envelope with several different country flags for each team.
4. The other team members have to guess which country it is.
5. Time how long it takes to finish all the cards.
6. One person from the next group comes to the front and time them with their set of flags.
7. Team with the quickest time wins!
The cool thing with this game is that as the kids haven’t done things like “horizontal” or “vertical” yet they mime the stripes and things with their hands as they say the colour! Yukari also suggested not letting the kids skip any as this makes it too easy to cheat.
(Yukari also has a presentation at the Fukuoka Expo in December – well worth it if you are teaching primary school!)
P.P.S. “Exploding Santa” game coming up soon – keep tuned in!