For any of you who have been in my workshops you’re unlikely to forget “The Mingle Game.”
Ninja Tip: Choose a different verb instead of “mingle” every time you play it to keep it fresh!
And Setareh has just sent in a really great bonus idea…
1. Do the mingle game as usual.
2. The kids ask you “What’s your favourite colour?”
3. After doing a few “Sorry?”s to get them to say it louder, you say one, two or three colours e.g. “Red & Blue. Pink & Green”
4. Kids who have one of these colours get into groups with other kids who have this colour e.g. all the people with red & blue things get together, all the pinks & greens get together etc. If you several colours both, you can choose which group.
5. Everyone else goes into one group.
6. Do this a few times until you roughly have the right number of students you want in each group!
Ninja Tip: If your school has a uniform (i.e. everyone wears the same colours!) then just pin a minicard to everyone’s top and they get in groups based on these colours.
Ninja Tip2: You can even take this one step further and use any theme’s minicards! 🙂
What are your favourite group making games? Do let us know in the comments!
P.S. This game also works great with the upcoming Summer Clothes song!