Wow, is this the first new song of this year?
This time it’s a phonics song to practice the short “o” sound. I’m loving it, plus it’s got robots in it! (Always popular with the boys!)
How to teach:
1. Put the kids in a circle (an “o” shape!)
2. Everyone does a robot dance whilst singing “I am a robot”
3. On the final “I am a robot” of the chorus the teacher points to one kid.
4. When the song says “on” this kid has to robot dance!
5. On “off” he or she freezes!
6. Repeat from step 2 but this time the first robot chooses who is next.
Just have a try now in front of the computer, it’s a lot of fun starting and stopping!
You can get everyone stopping and starting if you like.
If you’re not a VIP member yet then order the Download Pack and get it from the link below within a few minutes!
UPDATE: The offer has now finished, but check out the volume 11 page!
What do you think? Please give all your feedback on the comments page, good and bad!
Good feedback usually makes me want to write more!
Can’t wait to try this!! And I just now remembered that there is the i- song as well, I completely forgot about it when teaching the i-sound!
This song I find extra ordinary; very different from “o-o-octopus”. Thanks so much; you’ll get the kid’s feed back soon. I’ll try this in my next lesson!
very cool song! today’s my last lesson with the 8-year olds so i’ll let them try it – i’m sure they’ll love it!
Richard I LOVE it!! Your musical genius is in full swing!