Here are my top tips for the first lesson of the year – please do share yours in the comments!
1. For a brand new class – The TPR Warm Up, or even better the Β The Genki Disco Warm Up – check out the new funky bears!
2. For continuing classes, the best vocab review is the Hammer Game.
3. The best conversation review is the Lines Quiz
(Or Soldiers & Ninjas if you are really brave!)
4. For really young kids, start slowly with the Koala Game.
5. For high school, start the new year with a bang & the Better than the Best of the Best hip hopΒ song!
OK, those are mine, what are yours? Β I’d love to hear them in the comments!
thanks been waiting for this post! My fifth graders are going to get the hammer experience today.
BTW Halloween is next month any new info on where to buy pumpkins this year?
PSS Showed my 3rd and 4th graders the new sports graphics and they loved it. We did the song in April with the old graphics and then did a review after talking about the Olympics. Before I showed them the baseball one I said find the mistake. Everyone immediately pointed out the glove hand throwing the ball, but they also found another mistake… the batter is standing in front of home plate instead of to the right or left side. When they asked why I said, “Well Brits don’t play baseball…” English language study with a mix of international understanding π
I really like the game: The Lines Quiz. It’s suitable for my students.