During the summer we had the Baby Monkey’s Clothes “What’s missing?” card game which proved a huge success.
It was particular useful for mixed groups as kids who might be weak in English had a chance win if they could quickly see what was missing.
Even adults had a fun challenge with them.
Over on the VIP forum Gumby just made a request for Christmas versions. So here you go!
You can play any of the standard Mini Card games, just with the extra challenge of finding out what is missing e.g.
Matching Pairs1. Prepare 2 copies of each card.2. Place them face down on the table.3. One kid flips over one card.4. Everyone shouts out what’s on the card 3 times.5. The next kid flips over a card.6. Everyone shouts this one out 3 times.7. If it’s a match the kid who flipped the match can keep the card!
1. Lay out the cards for one theme, face up in a row.
2. One kid starts at one end saying what’s on each card.
3. At the same time another kid starts saying what’s on each card, but they start at the other end!
4. When they meet they “Rock, Paper, Scissors”
5. The winner starts from where they stopped.
6. The next person in the loser’s team starts from the beginning of the row.
7. The first team to reach the far end is the winner.
And here’s a very cool way to put mini cards back in the correct order!
And both songs/animations you can of course find in the Teacher’s Set.
What do you think? Anything else you’d like?
P.S. If you’re on email, click here to see the videos