This one is for the I have to …. I can lesson.
1. Make two groups:
2. Group A asks about the boy doll (left hand side)
3. Group B asks about the girl doll (right hand side)
4. Group A chooses a card and asks “Does he have to (+ whichever card they choose).”
5. Group B opens that card. If there is a “Yes” underneath they answer: “Yes he has to…” and Group A’s doll goes one step up.
6. If it’s a “no” card, they answer “No, he doesn’t have to…” and Group A’s doll has to go down one step.
7. Take it in turns until…
8. If one doll gets to the top they win!
As you can see it’s pretty cool for getting the kids to think about longer sentences and getting the grammar right, whilst keeping it fun with a game. Plus it’s also good to see Margit pulling back more and giving the kids time to think and correct on their own!
If you want to set the Advanced Songs for homework, the easiest way is with the new www.HipHopEnglish.com URL!
What do you think?
P.S. I’ve just done a calendar for my learn Japanese site, thought you might like it too!